Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Friends in England 3: at Cheltenham


Notes from my journal (May 2007):

Left London from Paddington around 9:30 and had a comfortable trip to Cheltenham Spa, took a taxi to The Queen’s Hotel and were settled into our room by 12:30. Had a nice, sunny afternoon exploring until it began to rain. Took shelter in The Swan – an old pub full of nooks and crannies. When the rain let up a bit, we decided to move on. The friendly barmaid offered us a very big black, gold and green umbrella and when I told her I’d bring it back, she asked me not to because they had so many umbrellas that people left behind. (And so the umbrella was carried back to Pennsylvania.)


“The Minotaur and the Hare" is a bronze sculpture created by Sophie Ryder in 1995. It can be found on The Promenade in Cheltenham, opposite Cavendish House.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Pinecone:

    I thought, perhaps, your readers would like to know the following which I retrieved from the Internet: “The Minotaur and the Hare is a bronze sculpture created by Sophie Ryder in 1995. It can be found on The Promenade in Cheltenham, opposite Cavendish House.”

    Gerald

    ReplyDelete